“I always think that the best way to know God is to love many things.” ~ Vincent van Gogh
Please note: I've been forced to moderate comments to discourage spam. As I live Down Under in the Southern Hemisphere, those of you Up Top might have to wait a while to see your comments appear. I may well be asleep when you read and post. Don't panic, nothing's gone wrong and you don't need to do anything – just hang on a little while.

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

This Morning in My Back Yard


The morning is bright early, with the blaze of true summer. Both expectancy and certainty are in the air. Yes it is warm, yes it will get hotter. The leaves are very still — no wind, not the slightest breeze. Even the tendrils of vine questing above the fence are motionless, balancing on air. My neighbour's roof makes patches of red through the green of palms and eucalypts.


5 comments:

  1. Hmm, Snow bird? Summer? I'm freezing my fingers off and possibly a few other body parts like toes. :)

    We are in the beginnings of winter here. While I like my four seasons...I'm looking forward to spring. 'Green palms and eucalyptus' sound lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love living in a climate that doesn't include snow at any time of year. And yes, it's summer here now.

      Delete
  2. Your writing is warming my bones, Rosemary. But, I remind myself that I really can't take heat. Maybe just the warm part?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am basking in the warmth of your words and the climate in your part of the world right now. Ah, the grass is greener, but I prefer that warmth.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will be visible after approval from blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.