“I always think that the best way to know God is to love many things.” ~ Vincent van Gogh
Please note: I've been forced to moderate comments to discourage spam. As I live Down Under in the Southern Hemisphere, those of you Up Top might have to wait a while to see your comments appear. I may well be asleep when you read and post. Don't panic, nothing's gone wrong and you don't need to do anything – just hang on a little while.

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Oh, Lovely Rain


Oh, lovely rain
too briefly —
now in aftermath
it drizzles down the pipe
rattling wetly
clang and slosh

then begins again
falling more gently
steadily,
whispers mingling
with the rattle 
of drips in the pipe

while soft, muffled thunder
booms in the background
from the west
from the mountains
and I open my doors 
wide to the cool.

6 comments:

  1. Ahhh - refreshing! I love the smell of the air after rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We could use some rain, or snow or wetness. But yours will have to do. Ah wetness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this a monsoon rain for you? I get that feeling from your poem, as it's similar to what we experience here in Arizona in summer. We love opening our doors and windows wide for that cool refreshing respite from summer heat too.

    We're expecting a cold winter rain on Monday and by next weekend. Looking forward to that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're a little too far south for monsoonal, as a rule. It wasn't heavy enough for that. But welcome, as it has been VERY hot.

      Delete

Comments are moderated and will be visible after approval from blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.