“But I always think that the best way to know God is to love many things.”
~ Vincent van Gogh

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

My Late Mother Drops in for a Visit


Another exercise in writing as someone else. These are what I imagine her thoughts would be if she could come to visit.

So much clutter. She's still got her Christmas cards up. Those couches are nice. The cushions don't match. I remember that table. What a beautiful picture. Oh, that's the one from the cover of Andrew's book. It's quite a spacious unit, really, nice for Housing Department. At least she's comfortable. I like the open plan but I wonder why she has to have her office in the living room. It's not what I'd like for myself, but it seems to suit her. I wouldn't like to have to go up and down those front steps too often. But I'm glad she's got those good rails in the bathroom, to hang on to; I feel more secure. I wish she'd get rid of those big fake flowers. She says they have sentimental value. I think they look silly. I wish she'd at least put them in another room. She looks well, I will say that.

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Rosemary. And it sounds just like a mother would think and remark about one of her offspring's home. Love it, made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel quite sure it's what my Mum would have thought. (Smile.)

      Delete