“I always think that the best way to know God is to love many things.” ~ Vincent van Gogh
Please note: I've been forced to moderate comments to discourage spam. As I live Down Under in the Southern Hemisphere, those of you Up Top might have to wait a while to see your comments appear. I may well be asleep when you read and post. Don't panic, nothing's gone wrong and you don't need to do anything – just hang on a little while.

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Visible Sound

The wooden elephant
carved and painted
in lines of gold on black
is exaggeratedly narrow 
from chest to tail.

The legs are impossibly
tall and straight.
The head's thrown back,
ears falling long, and the trunk
raised high to the sky.

'I can hear him trumpeting,'
Andrew says. I look
and yes, the sound
is clarion. 'How joyous,'
I add, 'How triumphant!'

2 comments:

  1. Thank you! I thought of a photo, but wanted to see if I could manage it in verbal description alone. You have just told me I succeeded. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will be visible after approval from blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.