“I always think that the best way to know God is to love many things.” ~ Vincent van Gogh
Please note: I've been forced to moderate comments to discourage spam. As I live Down Under in the Southern Hemisphere, those of you Up Top might have to wait a while to see your comments appear. I may well be asleep when you read and post. Don't panic, nothing's gone wrong and you don't need to do anything – just hang on a little while.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Going within

Fiona tells us there are three ways to approach the finding of small stones. The first, and by implication best, is 'become available'. 'Tune into the world' she says, and more. And I realise it is time to start meditating again,. Well, it was always time; we'd all be better for meditating daily. But this reason might be enough to make me actually do it! By going within, we become more present thereafter to the world around us.

Meanwhile, does something we see in a networking site count as part of the world,  or did she really mean the natural world? Anyway, I noticed it — and needed a double gogyohka to tell the whole of it:

In his LiveJournal he presents
clichés like ‘poor but happy’
quoted from an old novel,
and the disturbing thought
that they might still be current today.

He comforts us with a picture
of rocks at the edge of a stream
topped with moss,
dotted with lichen,
and, in a crevice, red leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will be visible after approval from blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.