“But I always think that the best way to know God is to love many things.”
~ Vincent van Gogh

Monday, November 2, 2015

The Find


Small yellow notepad,
the right size to slip into
a shirt pocket.

An inheritance.
Perhaps
a message?

Most pages empty. 
Neat blue printed lines
waiting unfilled.

On one page, notes:
'Memoir.
Write the truth.'

His writing, 
In the blue biro
he always used.

Then a space of a few lines
before the words,
'& end'.


Linking to Flash 55 for 31 Oct '15 at 'imaginary garden with real toads'

11 comments:

  1. :) I bet he could have written some interesting things...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, a blank, or almost blank, pocket notebook tablet is a great find. Does it have Internet capability? Better watch out, the GPS tracker might find YOU !!
    I once started an online-composed memoir but haven't added for a long time.
    http://jimmielife1.blogspot.com
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is how my notebooks mostly looks.. thanks for keyboards and phones my texts are still there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww. This seems like such a let-down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find the written words of one who is lost is something that I cherish greatly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, there is so much in those blank lines...and so much in your lines too. What a poignant 55. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. coincidence can be very interesting at times
    Haloween

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  8. This really moved me. Poignant isn't a word I use much, but this is.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Agree with MZ. We so want a message left behind or some testimony of what was. Writing the truth is a good message and one you have followed here. And follow generally. Thanks. K.

    ReplyDelete