“I always think that the best way to know God is to love many things.” ~ Vincent van Gogh
Please note: I've been forced to moderate comments to discourage spam. As I live Down Under in the Southern Hemisphere, those of you Up Top might have to wait a while to see your comments appear. I may well be asleep when you read and post. Don't panic, nothing's gone wrong and you don't need to do anything – just hang on a little while.

Friday, October 23, 2015

Unseen, the Gecko

Unseen, the gecko
on my outside wall
chirps loudly, 
staccato.

It wants to slip in
under the door
through a crack
and skitter around the house
between concealments.

I know without looking
it is tiny, pale grey,
and if it enters will die soon
for lack of insects.

3 comments:

  1. Precise description of a creature, its potential movements and its clearly seen appearance. Every word places you, another creature, also at the heart of the experience. I do like this one. That's me, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! To have our senses, memory, thought and beliefs all activated in an instant from a sound (and a poet). Bittersweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This reminds me, when we hear the little birds chirp in repeated chirps, it either means no seeds or the cat next door is in the garden. It is amazing they can communicate with us...we can be so tone deaf. I hope he doesn't find his way in!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will be visible after approval from blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.