“I always think that the best way to know God is to love many things.” ~ Vincent van Gogh
Please note: I've been forced to moderate comments to discourage spam. As I live Down Under in the Southern Hemisphere, those of you Up Top might have to wait a while to see your comments appear. I may well be asleep when you read and post. Don't panic, nothing's gone wrong and you don't need to do anything – just hang on a little while.

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Small Moments of Beauty


I am going through trouble and sorrow just now. But one day as I leave the hospital, I find a huge, thick, shiny golden leaf on the bonnet of my car. I take it home carefully and put it in front of my picture of Brighid, Goddess of Poetry. Another day, as I go to unlock my car door for my trip to visit the hospital, I find a butterfly perched on the handle. I put a finger close to its nearest wing without touching, and it gently flutters to a branch just above. Nature, I decide, is sending me comfort. 

2 comments:

  1. Lovely. Glad you find comfort in natural beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're right, Rosemary. I'm sending you positive thoughts too. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will be visible after approval from blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.