“I always think that the best way to know God is to love many things.” ~ Vincent van Gogh
Please note: I've been forced to moderate comments to discourage spam. As I live Down Under in the Southern Hemisphere, those of you Up Top might have to wait a while to see your comments appear. I may well be asleep when you read and post. Don't panic, nothing's gone wrong and you don't need to do anything – just hang on a little while.

Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Hello Earth #3

Here I am, contemplating the clarity of winter sunshine.
Earth, you continue to surprise me, even with the same old.
Leaning in, I want you to hold me like a mother.
Listing gratitudes, some are selfish (I don't have dark skin).
Offering white guilt is not useful. What of awareness, prayer, solidarity, lifted voice?
















A bit of a segue? I don't think anything is a segue at the moment. All thoughts lead, naturally and inevitably, back to George Floyd and the protests. There is simply nowhere else they could possibly go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will be visible after approval from blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.