“I always think that the best way to know God is to love many things.” ~ Vincent van Gogh
Please note: I've been forced to moderate comments to discourage spam. As I live Down Under in the Southern Hemisphere, those of you Up Top might have to wait a while to see your comments appear. I may well be asleep when you read and post. Don't panic, nothing's gone wrong and you don't need to do anything – just hang on a little while.

Monday, May 28, 2012

Man in Café

You can see
in his pose
how much he enjoys
that mug of coffee
at his lips:
the raised elbow,
the head tipped slightly back,
the rapt look.

Then, with what
diligent focus
he peels and eats
bite by bite
the long banana.
The strips of skin fall dangling
from its slender curve
becoming stump.

His gaze is focused, 
calmly intent. 
But underneath 
the straight-legged chair 
his sneakered feet 
are kicking up
in a tiny, involuntary 
joy-dance.


Based on a series of photos by John Palcewski.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes the smallest of nuances give us away - a great detailed observation, Rosemary. I can "see" him, too. Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb. Life is busy but I'm doing OK.

      This 'stone' was a response to some photos. I just added a link, so you can see them too.

      Delete

Comments are moderated and will be visible after approval from blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.