“I always think that the best way to know God is to love many things.” ~ Vincent van Gogh
Please note: I've been forced to moderate comments to discourage spam. As I live Down Under in the Southern Hemisphere, those of you Up Top might have to wait a while to see your comments appear. I may well be asleep when you read and post. Don't panic, nothing's gone wrong and you don't need to do anything – just hang on a little while.

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Last Night

I found out my friend died.
We have been expecting this,
still I am wrecked by it,
broken into pieces
and I can’t come back.

This morning
I woke up different,
a different person,
one I don’t know,
clumsy, ungainly stranger.
Nothing fits.

I feel lost like a child,
ugly like a child unloved.
And I don’t care
that I’m doing it wrong,
not looking at the world.

I am the world
and this morning
I woke up wrong.
Pay attention!
Last night everything
went wrong with the world.

6 comments:

  1. 'Nothing fits'. I know that feeling... and how it does slowly ease.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel for you - a much loved uncle also died recently and you have summed up my feelings. Sharing big hugs with you and the hope that time will soften the hard-edged loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers for you Rosemary,and what you're going through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A powerful piece of writing. Sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all very much for your caring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The world of grief has no boundaries - loss takes parts of us and leaves something else in its place. Your poem makes me sad, too, for your lost fiend and for you, Rosemary.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will be visible after approval from blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.