“I always think that the best way to know God is to love many things.” ~ Vincent van Gogh
Please note: I've been forced to moderate comments to discourage spam. As I live Down Under in the Southern Hemisphere, those of you Up Top might have to wait a while to see your comments appear. I may well be asleep when you read and post. Don't panic, nothing's gone wrong and you don't need to do anything – just hang on a little while.

Monday, November 14, 2011

7 Days Challenge, Day 3: Use all your senses

(or at least more of them than sight alone)


November in the Northern Rivers

The heat coats my skin like a very fine layer of oil. My cheeks and temples tingle. My hair thickens on my head, in a close cap. I like the feeling of warmth on my naked back, and the light in the long evenings lingering late. 

4 comments:

  1. Opposite venue...short days - I have yet to dig out the down comforter (which I think is up in the attic)...so it's sox on my feeties under the covers! The feel of old flannel PJ's is nice too. But I still like to breath in cooler air.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I know many of my readers are experiencing contrasting situations to mine. :)

    Every season has its pleasures - but I'm not fond of the cold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious - I am watching it snow, but somehow through your words I can feel the heat, too, and see "light in the long evenings lingering late."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Barb, that's a great compliment.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will be visible after approval from blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.