“I always think that the best way to know God is to love many things.” ~ Vincent van Gogh
Please note: I've been forced to moderate comments to discourage spam. As I live Down Under in the Southern Hemisphere, those of you Up Top might have to wait a while to see your comments appear. I may well be asleep when you read and post. Don't panic, nothing's gone wrong and you don't need to do anything – just hang on a little while.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I wake up and see ...


Andrew pushing his wheely walker,
bending forward in his navy pyjamas.

The bright white mercury light globe
reflected in the bedroom mirror.

The dream catcher Irene made us years ago
hanging in the window; its feathers and beads.

Big black Levi climbing on the bed and purring,
making a pounce for a dangling cord.

Two little pictures my father painted,
one in northern Tasmania, one on Flinders Island.
Their dark wood frames; the orange tones of the earth;
the dull green trees, cloudy skies, pale water.

The discarded picnic rug thrown off the bed.
Its tartan pattern: warm red and lots of soft blue.



Inspired by Linda Gregg getting her writing students to write down every day six things they’d seen, as reported by Fiona Robyn in The physical world pours in.

3 comments:

  1. I feel like I am sitting inside your home. Such vivid and lovely physical images here. Amazing, all that there is around us, waiting to really be noticed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this - the now interspersed with the past.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both. I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will be visible after approval from blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.